AnalystSolutions Event Preparation
We’re looking forward to the upcoming event. Thank you in advance for your help in securing event logistics and preparing the materials for the workshops. In order to help ensure a great event for your team, please complete the steps below:
Generate Differentiated Insights Through Better Discovery, Questioning and Influencing:
Step 1 – Materials and Pre-work:
There are 3 files required for each of our workshops, which are shown in the image below: 1) Learner Workbook; 2) Slide Booklet; and 3) Reference cards. The content of the images below may differ from the content of the files for your workshop(s).
Considerations for Printing Hard Copies:
When printing the Learner Workbook, please use the PDF version, which can be downloaded here: Learner Workbook PDF-for printing purposes ONLY rather than the digital Word version contained in the next section below (the Word version below is for use on a computer). Please do print the 1) Slide Booklet, and 2) Reference Cards files as contained at the URL found in the section below.
When printing hard copy files, we have found it best to print in the following manner:
- Color (although black and white is acceptable)
- Please do not remove any blank pages because some pages intentionally start on an even page so that the participant needs to turn the page to see the answer (rather than have the answer on the opposite page in a booklet format)
- Please do not bind all of the files into one booklet or stapled format. Rather, for each workshop the 1) Learner Workbook, 2) Slide Booklet and 3) Reference Card files should remain separate from one another (each of the items can be bound or stapled on its own)
- You may want to laminate the most important reference cards (see us for recommendations) so participants are more likely to access after the workshop
Please use the link below to print the 1) Slide Booklet, and 2) Reference Cards. Please also send the email below to all participants who will be downloading the materials to a laptop for use during the event:
We’re looking forward to your participation in our upcoming workshop, Generate Differentiated Insights Through Better Discovery, Questioning and Influencing.
If you intend to use a laptop computer during the workshop, please download the workshop materials to that device BEFORE THE WORKSHOP BEGINS (there will not be time to download during the workshop). If you do not intend to have a computer during the event, you do not need to download the files below because hard copies will be made available.
If you will not be offering participants the digital files before the workshop, please send them the link below for the pre-work instructions which need to be completed before the workshop begins:
Step 2 – Training Space:
For the event to run smoothly and be a success for everyone, please:
- Ensure all of the materials are printed and available to the participants at the beginning of the workshop. Please also remind participants who wish to use the digital versions during the workshop to download to their laptop BEFORE the event…there will not be time for downloading during the workshop.
- When workshop participants are in a room together, please ensure it is classroom-style seating with at least 3 square feet (1 square meter) of workspace for writing and materials
- When Jim will be presenting in-person:
- He normally arrives 30 minutes before start time to begin setup and ensure all of the technology and handouts are ready before participants arrive. Please let us know if the room will not be available at that time as well as the person Jim should contact to gain access to the room.
- Please use this PDF: Floor Plan for AnalystSolutions Events, ensuring there is a small table near the front of the room for Jim’s laptop and materials (please note: podiums are too small to accommodate this need)
- Ensure a power outlet or power strip is within 6 feet (2 meters) of the table
- Ensure a cord is available to connect Jim’s laptop to the projector (HDMI or VGA) which should be long enough to reach the table where Jim’s notes and laptop will be placed
- For web-based events, please send us the name of the A/V professional responsible for ensuring the room or individual computers have been tested with our web-based teaching system (GoToWebinar)
Step 3 – Introduction:
Lastly, I’ve added a copy of Jim’s introduction here (James Valentine Event Introduction) that can be used at the beginning of the workshop. If you have any questions, please call my direct line (+1-203-416-6384) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once again, thank you in advance for your help in ensuring that this event is a success.